Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bruce trail part 1

She knew the exact day, But, I knew the exact time.

The daylight hours were longer, now. Much longer than when we first talked over the phone about the play. I had composed three scenes for her. She chose the first, as I hoped that she would, which thrilled me knowing that this was going to be the most intense of the three.

I had arrived early in the afternoon. My cab from the airport took me to the rental office in less than a half hour. There were no surprises - the black 1976 El Dorado was ready. I walked around it - approaching it as one conspirator to another.

The window of opportunity was from 3p. to 7p. I decided it was going down in the daylight. A greater degree of danger of being seen, or being caught.

She was expecting evening or night. No, that’s not true. it was going down after sundown. In fact, she told me that directly. But, I’m a brat. So...

I reached downtown before rush hour, pulled the El Dorado into the parking spot that had been agreed upon. At the security desk, inside her office building, I dropped off the keys to my co-conspirator and gave instructions to the guard to notifly her that the keys had arrived.

Once she received the message from the guard, she would immediately look out the window, take in that it was still daylight, cream a little perhaps, make the excuse to her staff, and rush out.

I had to move fast. The car was a two door with the huge back seat. I nestled down behind the driver’s seat, checked my bondage bag....and waited.

Ten minutes passed, then five more. I got a little edgy. Hey, I was on fire, too. Then I heard the ‘clicking of high heels’. Nothing like it the world. That singular sound sends me off and was that sound that made the switch for me. I was now the stranger, the captor....Him.

Her pace quickened as she near the car, but then...stopped. Seconds passed. Was she going to bail? I almost raised my head up which would have busted the whole play. However, I thought better of it and was glad I did when I heard the ‘clicking’ start again.

I saw her through the back driver’s seat window. I grinned, watching her fumble with the keys as she tried to un-lock the door.

The big, heavy black door swung open, letting in such a volume of sun light that I winced, forcing my eyes to re-adjust to the change of exposure.

She settled into the driver’s seat and slid the key into the ignition. It was quiet in the car. I could hear her breathing. And, quite possibly, she could hear mine. In the dashboard of the car there was one of those old style clocks. I could hear it's second hand tick out each second.

My fingers, covered by leather gloves, gripped each end of a black strip of cloth that I would use to restrain her. I held the cloth in the same manner as strangler would. My whole body was still and tense...waiting for her next move.

She fired up the big V8 engine. The cylinders stroked into action.

So did I.

To be continued...

No comments: